Saturday, November 20, 2010

Conference, Feast, and Concerts

Conference
Bob and I got to have a parent teacher conference with Alexander's pre-k teacher. We feel blessed to have her as his teacher!! She is very creative and is great with the kids! She does a lot with music because she has a great music background, and I'm happy about that! We were happy to know that out of a scale of 1-8, Alex is scoring mostly 6-8, based on the creative curriculum they use. He is suppossed to be at an 8 by the end of pre-k and he is already there is some areas. We found out that he LOVES Science and has good problem solving skills. He try's to solve problems in many different ways before asking the teacher for help. I'm happy about that!!! He does well with creative activities and movement. We were very happy about his progress with following directions and using manners at school. Alex is very eager to learn to read and is trying to write letters and numbers on everything. He identify's letters of words he see's around his world and is very proud when he is able to read a word! He does things like "McDonalds starts with M." I think he will be a reader in Kindergarten. I hope he continues to be enthusiastic about learning! We are going to find a science kit for him for Christmas. We were happy that he is so into science. Maybe he will be a doctor!!

Feast
Bob and I both were able to attend Alexander's Thanksgiving program and feast!! He was so excited that we were both able to go and he even dressed up for the occasion! He picked out a blue shirt with a tie and was very happy that everyone told him he was so handsome. He felt great that day, and enjoyed every second of the meal. He found out that he has a taste bud for pumpkin pie!! I was so sad that our camera wouldn't work and I didn't have the flip with me. The teacher's were taking some snapshots, so I'm hoping to get one soon!



That afternoon after the feast, we went to a jam session with the musical duo Simple Gifts. We played Mary Had a Little Lamb on the Sultry. This was the first time I had ever played a sultry too and we had such a great time!! I ended up playing the dulcimer too. The jam session went well, so they asked us to be on the concert. This is the first real concert that Alex and I have been on together. I'm excited that he has a really strong interest in playing the violin/fiddle. I'm going to look for a teacher around here and hope to get him started soon!!
Here are some photos from the night. He made a little friend too while we were at the concert!











Learn how to play the spoons!! Everyone grab 2 spoons from the kitchen (cheap ones work better) and have a seat and watch this video!! I promise you will enjoy!

No comments: