Saturday, April 30, 2011

First T-Ball Game

We had such a fun time at Alexander's first T-Ball game. The game started at 9am and we got there at 8:30. It was really chilly, but once the game got started the sun came out and thawed us all out. We were happy that Pap and Grammy came to the first game in their camero. The kids were cute, they kept calling it a mustang. Glad my dad didn't hear that! Alex was full of energy and excitement throughout the game. I must say I'm very proud of his sunny personality and love how he gets along with the other teamates. He loves them all! I love the picture with Alex and his buds standing around talking. When Alex was up to bat, he hit the ball off the T for the first two innings and then in the last inning hit a pitched ball. He made 2 runs for his team and he was very proud!! He slid into every base and it was quite funny. I'm not as happy because they are white pants!! But I think it is all fun, so it doesn't bother me. Alex played shortstop in the first and 3rd inning. He just danced and cheered mostly. The ball kept slipping through his glove. We will have to work on the ground balls!! That is his least favorite. I saw him waving as a kid from the oposing team was going from 2nd to third base. He later let me know he actually knew the kid. I thought he was just being really friendly, because he is such a social butterfly. All of his teamates were so cute in their uniform and I'm so excited to see how the rest of the season goes..... I'm very sad that I will have to miss 3 out of the 8 games due to my schedule with school. I have a dress rehearsal for a big concert one night, and a chorus event on another day. I registered for a folk music weekend at Junieta College over Memorial day and that is the third one...... The T-Ball schedule got changed from the first one that we received, and now there are conflicts. I'm very very bummed!!! Oh well, if you would like to come to any of the games, let me know and I'll give you some details.
email me at deverterfamily@aol.com if you would like a copy of the schedule. : )










No comments: