Saturday, June 18, 2011
New Chapter, New Job!!
For the past 5 years, Bob and I have worked in opposite directions leaving about an hour and 20 minutes between in distance. It has been extremely challenging because he works evening and I work in the day. He only really got to see Alex on the weekends and I am very busy after school with the choir and meetings, so our weeks are always crazy!! For the first three years we lived in Petersburg, where I worked, and Bob drove the 1hr 20 minute drive one way everyday. We then bought a house closer to where Bob worked which left me with a 45 minute drive to work. I took Alex with me to daycare in Petersburg the first year in the new house, but he got sooooo car sick on a regular basis and it was he was so uncomfortable. This year when he started pre-k, we put him in the school within walking distance of our home and then Bob and I traveled our distance to work. I HATED dropping him off at 6:30 then not being able to pick him up until almost 6:00 some nights! I really felt like a bad mom. I am happy to say that our travel and distance will NO LONGER be a hurdle for us. I applied for a middle school band job at the primary-middle school and got it!! I will now be in the SAME school as Alex and we can ride to school together. We now will save money on gas, and daycare! We are hoping it is about $500 in savings between the gas and daycare, wear and tear on the car, extra oil changes, extra tires, etc..... I could not be more thrilled and excited for us to all work in the same town!!! This really is a blessing and I'm happy to start a new chapter in my career and with my family. When we moved from Charlotte, we thought it would make our lives easier, and in some ways it has been harder, but I think everything works out in the time that it is suppossed to. Now with Alex starting kindergarten and me starting a new job, I couldn't be more happy. Yeah to summer vacation though. I will soon have many adventures to post!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment