Monday, September 5, 2011

SkyDive Carolina!!

Okay, for all of you who might not believe me, here is a video to prove I jumped from an airplane. I was much younger and thinner......but it IS really me! I actually jumped twice, but this was my first jump.

I went on a beautiful fall day and it was so peaceful up there in the sky floating through the clouds. I traveled 13,000 feet into the air before parachuting out of the plane tandum. I high fived the camera guy in the air wearing pink gloves, for some reason I thought that was funny back then.

For the first minute of the video or so, there is an advertisement for SkyDive Carolina in Chester, SC. After that you will see an interview and then my ride in the plane, jump and landing. I went with a couple of friends and then went back a year later with my brother.

For the first 3 seconds you are kind of in shock and lose your senses, but then once the first shoot comes out to straighten you out and slow you down, it feels so cool. I felt like the air was holding me up. You don't have that scary falling feeling like you do in a dream. It was quite amazing! After the main shoot comes out, it sounds so quiet and you can just hear the shoot as you change directions. I got to assist with stirring and just loved the crisp fall air and beautiful landscape as I descended to the large triangle landing area. It really was a magnificant view and wonderful feeling. Nothing I had ever experienced before. I don't think I have the guts to do this anymore since Alex has been born, but it sure was one of my most memorable life experiences. I thought I'd share now that I got it converted over to digital. Thanks to my aunt Verna and uncle Jerry!!! The original video does not work anymore, but I had one copy and figured I'd better get it in the digital world before I lost it forever!!!

1 comment:

Bonna Keckley said...

oh my goodness!!! you are so brave!