I think the most exciting part of parenthood is being able to watch your child's personality, talents, and natural abilities emerge. I feel as though I'm just now seeing who Alex really is as a person. I can almost stand back and enjoy the person he is growing into, and what he has learned and taken from his life experiences so far. I think he is pretty darn special, but it is so much more rewarding to see that he thinks that he is special. His energy has been overwhelming at times, but I am starting to see more of what he wants to do with his extra energy. His teacher thinks he is going to bean entertainer and his music teacher says he is shouting inside to do gymnastics or dance. I love it and couldn't be more proud. I'm glad he has the freedom to express himself and feels good about what he does. Alex was more then excited to enter a talent show. I wasn't sure what he was going to do, but he kept saying he wanted to dance. He loves the show Shake it Up Chicago and he is always trying to imitate the boys dancing on the show. He has done pretty well on his own and got quite a few screams when he did splits and flips in the talent show. I couldn't believe his guts to do this! Here is Alex dancing (breakdancing/gymnastics) to the song "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz. I think we need to look for a gymnastics studio now.
1 comment:
Creative and cool! What a brave, confident guy. Love this.
Post a Comment