We traveled to Morgantown at the end of September to enjoy time with the family. We celebrated my grandmas birthday, and going to the Buckwheat Festival. My brother, Trista, and my adorable nephews Hayden and Jace were also visiting. We all met up at pap and grammy's house.
This was the first time Bob got to meet Jase. I handed him to Bob and he threw up all over him.
The boys enjoyed the rides at the Buckwheat Festival.
I enjoyed holding Jase while the boys were on the slide.
Just this past weekend, I went to see Hayden play a soccer game. He was precious! Bob and Alex headed up to Lancaster while I visited with my family. I had tickets to take my mom to the Doobie Brother's Concert in Charleston, WV.
Grammy holding Jase while Hayden played his game.
After the game, I went to stay with my parents. My cousin Donna and aunt Verna talked me into joining them in the Zombie Parade downtown Morgantown. It was last minute, so I ran to Goodwill with mom and I got some scrubs to wear. I was a mad scientist zombie. Not my normal thing, because I'm not really into movies with blood and guts. Oh well, we got into the spirit of things and just went with it. The whole family met back up and we all went marching in the zombie parade.
Even Jasiah went along.
On Sunday, mom and I left for the Doobie Brothers concert. We ate at the Tidewater Grill and it was amazing!!! I had the lobster ravioli and mom had scallops.
Then we were off to the concert. We found the Clay center very quickly and had a great parking spot. Everything went very smoothly and we couldn't complain.
We were on the lower level, but as you can see the place was full!! We had pretty good seats, but tall people sat in front of us.....we still had a great time! It was okay, because we stood up and danced in the aisle anyway, with everyone else. It was a really great concert and I was very impressed with the musicianship. Phenomenal players!
The next morning, we went to the capitol market downtown Charleston. I was very surprised at the amount of goodies we found!! I got inspired to buy some veggies to make salsa for dinner.
There was an inside building that had tones of the finer products made in WV. Here is some chocolate put in a glass case! I guess it was expensive, I didn't even ask.
Browsing the rustic, artsy building was so much fun!
Here is my salsa I made for dinner to go on our chips. It was mighty tasty!!
At the market, I also picked up a chicken whisk to add to my whimsy collection in the kitchen.
Upcoming events!!
Alexander turns 8 years old on Thursday, October 17 at 3:28 pm. We are having a party for him at the roller rink with his friends.
We will go to the annual Hosey Halloween Bash in a couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment