Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a Wonderful World~Louis Armstrong

I love both of these videos and couldn't decide which one to post, so I posted both. For Black History Month in my classes, we have been studying some of the Jazz Greats. I was saying how I would love them to see a live performance of What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. I couldn't figure out how to get it on my IPOD and YouTube is blocked at our school. Well one of the students raised his hand and said, I have it on my IPHONE (Spelling?). He got on YouTube from his phone....how crazy is that? How about that technology? He was half afraid to tell me because they are not supposed to be on phones at our school, but I say "Awesome" that we were able to watch this video. I'm sure they will not forget Louis Armstrong now. Gotta love these digital learners! I have to get one of those phones, think how handy that could be?

1 comment:

Mary Kathryn said...

While I understand the administrators' logic (is that an oxymoron?) in blocking You Tube, it frustrated me (and does Jon) when I was teaching full-time.... there are so many useful, appropriate things that can be plucked from there. Great videos, thanks to your resourceful student.