Okay, so I'm not as mad as I was about a week ago. Don't get me wrong, I love my son, he is the light of my life, but........... I was on the phone one evening and stepped into the kitchen to stir the dinner. When I came back into the living room I found this.....our beautiful sofa chair was covered in black crayon!!!
When we first moved here to Petersburg, we were kind of broke and didn't buy any new furniture. We were using lawn chairs for about 2 months before we bought our living room furniture. I was thinking ahead and got the microfiber. I remember the salesman telling me that it would be very easy to wipe clean and it has been so far. Well with this recent crayon disaster it took 4 magic erasers and LOTS of scrubbing to clean the fabric. You can still see the "grey" color of his masterpiece.
The Punishment:
Well this was totally uncalled for because he is old enough to understand not to do this sort of thing. I was furious when I turned the corner into the livingroom and saw this. I gave him a swat on the rear and sent him to his room. He knew I was really upset. I called Bob and sent him a picture on the cell of the art. I knew he was doing this for attention, but wasn't seeing that one coming! So we decided that his punishment would be a week without TV and no dessert after dinner. So I called him from his room, got down on his level and told him that we love him but that this was unacceptable and that we would have to punish him. His eyes were full of tears and then as soon as he heard the punishment he cried so hard he was doing the funny breathing and sniffling thing. We drove into town bought some magic erasers and the scrubbing began. He said sorry like a million times, but we stuck with the punishment. Wow being a parent is not fun sometimes!!!
1 comment:
I am not sure it will work on microfabric.. but have you tried "Awesome"? YOu can get it at family dollar, and it is only a buck. We have used it to get rid of permanent marker on clothes, etc. I have even gotten rid of old paint stains on clothes. It may be worth a try. It is great for stains on carpet too...
OK.. now I am beginning to sound like an "Awesome" salesman.. I am going to stop now before I say something like.. "If you act now..."
Post a Comment