Saturday, April 4, 2009

Noodle Nose


This is no April Fools joke! On Wednesday, Alex and I sat down to eat a nice plate of linguini's with meat sauce. I was inhaling mine when I am interrupted by Alex choking, sneezing and coughing all at the same time. I grabbed a tissue to catch the snot pouring from his nose. It cleared up a little and he sneezed a couple more times and then kept picking his nose. I know this sounds gross....well anyway he claimed there was a noodle in his nose. I didn't believe him and thought he must have just inhaled some sauce or the noodle tickled his throat/nose or whatever. He insisted and kept having a runny nose and coughing. Well I looked up there with a light and sure enough there was little bit of noodle in there. I thought how could it happen, he's not one to put things up his nose. So I decided that tweezers would probably rip the noodle and I didn't know how much was in there so I tried the nose sucker thing he had as a baby. It didn't work so I told him to blow his nose really hard. It came out and I tried to grab, but it quickly disappeared up in the nose again. So I told him to just snort and blow. Out flew the noodle! How gross, but what confused me more was how and where was this thing? We both laughed about this very hard. Alex was just as surprised as I was to see a noodle fly out of his nose. I saved it and showed Bob when he came home. I think he thought I was playing a joke on him because he didn't say much. He was worried about the grinding sound in his car, but here I was holding a noodle in his face saying "can you believe this came out of your sons nose?" Well, I took a picture of Alex holding the noodle and thought I must share this. The science teacher at my school thinks he probably sneezed while eating and it went up into his nose/sinus cavity. I guess similar to when you laugh while drinking and milk comes out your nose. Alex did not want the rest of his dinner because he was afraid he would get another noodle up there. He was even scared of the leftovers! Well maybe I should send this to Ripley's believe it or not!

No comments: