We took Alex Trout fishing this weekend. I believe the place was called Mountain Meadow farm. The pond was really stocked and you pay by the inch for each fish. They will even filet them for you after you check your fish in. I was amazed how fast we caught the fish. It was almost too easy! As soon as we stuck the pole in the water with worm bait, our line had a tug. We caught 11 fish!! For a while we just let Alex sit with the pole and no bait on the line, so we wouldn't leave completly broke...LOL. He was a little affraid of the fish once we pulled it from the water. He liked catching the fish, but didn't want to have anything to do with it once out of the water. Although he kept feeding the fish in the cooler by throwing bait in there! What a little sweetie thinking of the fish. It was too cute! I actually had a hard time after the fish came out of the water. One fish swallowed the hook and I just couldn't watch as they pulled it from his mouth. Yes, I'm a whimp and cried because I didn't want it to suffer. I started feeling guilty for fishing, but then I got over it. We had a wonderful dinner tonight!! Grandpa Greg cooked the fish with butter and lemon with pepper and a dash of wine. Alex LOVED the fish!! I'm so happy we found this place! I invite anyone to come along with us sometime this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment