On Sunday we got up and went to see Charlene's horses and took one for a spin. When Alex was about 2 I took him for a trail ride and he just loved it. He still loves it, and giggles the whole time. I even got up to a trot with him and he was all smiles. Maybe he took after me on the thrill seeking. I used to ride often as a baby, toddler, kid, and teen. Well anyway, it would be cool to see Alex enjoy the sport. Uncle TJ, Trista and one adorable pug named Gunnar went to the barn with us. When we got to the barn, I put Alex in the back of uncle TJ's pickup so that we could bring the horses over from the field to the barn. He just watched and then said "I want to ride the black one." He picked out Boo, who is very mild mannered anyway. After getting Boo saddled up, I put Alex on and lead him around the barn to get him used to it all. He said "I want to go ride outside." I hopped on with him and we took a spin out in the fenced area. The whole time the horse kept trying to get back to the barn and I kept saying no Boo.....well Alex thought that was so funny and kept laughing. Aunt Charlene saddled up with us and we rode on down the dirt road. Alex's giggles echoed as we moved slowly down the road. He just found it so amusing that Boo walked so slow and couldn't keep up with Pepper. After a while Alex said, "okay now I want to ride Ginger." We stayed with Boo, but he was just having a blast! When we were done, Alex was bonding with Cowboy, one of the sweetest horses! My favorite! Alex would stand on the bucket outside Cowboy's stall and Cowboy would gently put his nose up to Alex. Alex petted him until he got to laughing so hard that he fell off the bucket...don't worry he was fine. He got up laughing just as hard! See the video below!
Our next adventure was to go to Alyssa's birthday at the WV Gymnastic Training Center. Alex had a blast and has decided he wants to have his birthday there...... He got to walk on a balance beam, jump on a trampoline, and run and jump into a huge foam pit. I'll let you check out his adventure in the video and pictures!
After the birthday party we went to JJ's graduation picnic. Here are a couple of cute photos from the party. Alyssa was also at the party and she and Alex had a lot of fun together.
No comments:
Post a Comment