Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sandbridge Beach

We were so happy to take a family beach trip to Sandbridge Beach in Virginia Beach. We rented a house with my parents, brother, his wife and baby Hayden, along with my my aunt and uncle Verna and Jerry, and cousins JJ, Donna and her husband Boone. The Spindrift was a semi beach front house, which ended up being beach front because there was an empty lot in front. I think it worked great for the family and we all had a good time. It was great to catch up with everyone and just relax and have fun!! One morning we saw a whale jumping and splashing from our screened in porch, which was a first for all of us. The dolphins would swim in the evening very close to the shore and that was also fantastic to watch. Some of us were swimming about 30feet from the dolphins. Alex loved waking up, putting on a bathing suit and heading out to the beach to catch the waves. He grew brave as the week went on. We had an umbrella for shade and it was nice to just sit and relax listening to the peaceful waves and enjoying the beauty of space. Sandbridge was a quiet and somewhat private beach, and it was great having a house so close! We wouldn't go back in until lunch and then back to the ocean until dinner. Alex did not get sunburned at all. Bob and I did well too! Each family would cook a dinner in the evening. We had ribs, burgers, barbeque, pizza caserole, and grilled chicken. It was all delicious,and we even hit seafood buffet one night. I loved Catain Georges!!! The crablegs were amazing!! The night that we went to Captain Georges, we also went in to walk on the boardwalk. This was the hottest day on the planet with humidity you could almost see.....we all were happy that we had a beach that was private, because the boardwalk was busy and chaotic! We loved shopping though! We did partake in a few adventures to the water park and mini golf. We just really loved the whole trip. I've been depressed all week thinking of how much I want to be back on the beach. I wish I could take one more walk in the sand and feel at peace with the world. It does stink to come back to reality sometimes. Now we have something to really look forward to next year!!!

No comments: