I'm sitting here in a reflective mood of summer gone past, listening to rain and the stillness in the house. I'm a little sad that Alex will have to start the daycare back up until he starts pre-k. We've had such a great summer and I savored every second that I could with him. He is precious and I feel so lucky to be his mom!! Some of our most peaceful and happy momments were just simply going to the library, reading together and playing at the park. Watering the plants in the evening and spraying Alex with the hose as he ran around the yard in his underwear is etched in my mind. He is such a fun and spontaneous kid, much like I think I was as a kid. Chilling by the seaside under the umbrella watching him dig holes in the sand and find treasures, laughing as dragonflies swoop down over our heads at Broadford, movie nights with Wonka Bars and popcorn, eating outside at his tiny picnic table, making his favorite chocolate dessert while covered in cocoa powder, building a rock garden to house our strawberry plant, swimming at the pool with swimmies and goggles, traveling while listening to Harry Potter books on CD, sleeping in late, singing random silly songs at the top of his lungs, admiring his bravery as he battles Darth Vader with the light saber, dressing up in superhero costumes, fleamarket shopping, hugs and kisses and laughing at the dog and cat, and finally the most priceless memory is the smile on Alexander's face. I'm sure going to miss those smiles throughout the day when I'm feeling anxious, scared, worried, or just plain rotten.....guess I'm going to have to put lots of pictures in my classroom to remind me of all the fun times and silly adventures!
Underwater adventure with swimmies and goggles!
Alex helping Pap with lawn work
Last adventure to Broadford Lake, Oakland, MD
No comments:
Post a Comment