Can you believe that my little baby will be 5 years old? Where has the time gone? I can still remember the day I found out I was going to have him just like yesterday. Life really does move very quickly!! I really look forward to his birthday every year, this one especially. His first birthday was sesame street themed and I made a cookie monster cake. Aunt Verna made candy bars, and grandma made Elmo invitations. He turned the water blue after his first taste of cake, and then we dressed him in his scarecrow costume and pulled him around in the wagon that pap and grammy bought for him. So many family members and friends joined us for that party! #2 was Thomas, and grandma supplied the decorations for the theme. I made a cake with Edward the #2 steam engine on top. I still remember how he played with the train on top of our coffee table. For his third birthday we had a superhero theme. Friends and family joined us and some even dressed as heros!! Alex was spiderman, Jerry was batman, Verna was a clown, Donna came as a Ninja turtle and I had a superman shirt on. For his #4 we decided on a carnival party with a Scooby Doo cake. I ordered games and prizes from Oriental trading and a bounce castle from walmart. Alex invited Melissa to do facepainting and tattoos for all of his friends. Jerry made balloon animals, grandma was our photographer, grammy helped with making candy apples and daddy grilled the hotdogs. The church beside our house was an excellent location and we had a ton of fun.
This year we are going to Brookedale farm to have a bash. Family and friends will join us tomorrow for some fall fun. Petting zoo, corn maze, hay ride, and play time for the kids hopefully will be a great time.
I know I must be crazy for always having these big parties every year, but I just love to get people together and have fun. I also secretly celebrate for myself. I remember the day shortly after getting home from the hospital with our bundle of joy, the scariest day of my life. On October 23, I was back in the hospital with conjestive heart failure. Peripartum Cardio Myopathy was what they called it and it was the closest I ever came to actually dying! I was so scared laying in cardiac care unit thinking I was going to die. It was cold, I could'nt stop my emotional sobbing, and the pain of not knowing whether I would see my precious baby again. I was so mad that I couldn't breastfeed anymore due to major life saving medications. I finally realized that he was in good hands with my parents and he was being fed and taken care of. I fought like crazy to survive so I could be there for him. I finally took the necessary meds, rested and got back to health so I could go home and be with my beautiful baby. When I saw him again he was all fattened up and beautiful. He was taken care of and now I had to heal. Scared to death that I would die at any minute, I started just appreciating every single second I was alive, and holding him. Well I did live and I am fine, but what an incredibly unexpected adventure. It took 2 years for me to feel "normal" again but I did it. I've lived to celebrate 5 birthday parties and I feel so grateful for every single one and I look forward to many more. So I celebrate every year for Alex and for me and all of my family! Our whole life changed after this experience. We picked up and moved to be closer to family and now I celebrate each year with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment