What a brave kid!! About a week ago he said he had a loose tooth and I didn't believe him until I felt it. I was worried that it was too soon, but he did get the first one at 4 months. All week he has been working on the tooth and now it is out!! He pulled it out while in the shower. He's so brave! No crying or fussing like when he was cutting that tooth!!
He put his tooth under the pillow pet that Aunt Trista and Uncle TJ got him at Christmas time. How much is the tooth fairy paying out these days?
I remember the night that my baby cut his first tooth. He was four months old and we were in PA for a visit. That evening, his crying lasted forever and I couldn't seem to find the cure! Aunt Erica and Uncle Chris tried to help by driving us around the block, but to our surprise it didn't help. After a restless night of sleeping, I finally figured it out as soon as I awoke. I looked over at him sleeping on the pillow with his mouth open and there it was, a nice, shiny new tooth! That solved the mystery and finally offered some peace to us both. I don't really remember the rest of the teeth coming in except the first. Now at 5 years and 3 months old, he decides that he doesn't need that tooth anymore?? I must say that I am glad that he is happy to loose this tooth, but I'm sad to see it go. This wiggly, jiggly loose tooth is hanging by a thread.
Here is a poem that I used to do with my little ones in Elementary school!! I miss those days, but at least I can share with my little guy now!!
I had a loose tooth,
a wiggly, jiggly loose tooth.
I had a loose tooth,
hanging by a thread.
So I pulled my loose tooth,
my wiggly, jiggly, loose tooth,
and put it 'neath my pillow,
and then I went to bed.
The fairy took my loose tooth,
my wiggly, jiggly loose tooth,
and now I have a quarter
and a hole in my head!!
No comments:
Post a Comment