Alex and I were at the goodwill this week and found this school desk for $4. It has a chalkboard and dry erase board and a storage area for his books and papers. He decorated it with some stickers too. So far this weekend, he has written his valentines and is now writing a story about a planet. He still loves science too and we have tried some experiments on snow days. I almost wish that I could stay home and home school him!! The thought of him going to a big overcrowded school is not something I like to think about. If only we could actually live on one salary in these times!
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Author
Alex has developed a passion for writing books. So far he has a science book, a Chronicles of Narnia Book, various Story books, and an Attendance book. We picked up some little journals from the dollar store, but he will take a bunch of paper and staple them together too. He seems to be fascinated with writing. He knows how to write all of his letters and constantly wants to write a letter to someone or has a story he wants to tell. I think it would be awesome to have an author in the family! We are pretty proud of him and try to encourage him. He seems to want to do this naturally, so maybe we do have an author or teacher on our hands.
Alex and I were at the goodwill this week and found this school desk for $4. It has a chalkboard and dry erase board and a storage area for his books and papers. He decorated it with some stickers too. So far this weekend, he has written his valentines and is now writing a story about a planet. He still loves science too and we have tried some experiments on snow days. I almost wish that I could stay home and home school him!! The thought of him going to a big overcrowded school is not something I like to think about. If only we could actually live on one salary in these times!
Alex and I were at the goodwill this week and found this school desk for $4. It has a chalkboard and dry erase board and a storage area for his books and papers. He decorated it with some stickers too. So far this weekend, he has written his valentines and is now writing a story about a planet. He still loves science too and we have tried some experiments on snow days. I almost wish that I could stay home and home school him!! The thought of him going to a big overcrowded school is not something I like to think about. If only we could actually live on one salary in these times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment