Thursday, February 28, 2013

Maggie's Peacocks

Alexander and I visited with our friends Jessie and Maggie last weekend.  Bob had a card night with the guys, so we went for an overnight visit and stayed up until 1:21am playing music.  We played our guitars, piano and ukulele, and sang until we had nothing left.  It was a long awaited jam session, that even the kids enjoyed.  Alex sang "Rocky Racoon" with Jessie and it was so cute!!  I didn't realize he knew every word.  Because they live on a farm, we were awakened by the donkey and roosters.  When I went outside to put our bags in the car, a cat ran out so I started chasing her, because she was on the way to the vet that day.  Upon looking for the cat, I saw the peacock with its feathers out.  It was so pretty I ran and grabbed the camera.....I did find the cat too.  I was so impressed at how big they can make their tails and then within minutes they put it back down. I have seen peacocks at a zoo, but not at someone's house, so I was quite impressed. 
He did not like having his picture taken though.  He turned his back and put the feathers down and walked away.....  I managed to get a few pictures though!
 




No comments: