Warming up!
During the test.
Receiving his gold belt from Master Rando.
Level 10 buddy! He was sitting so proud!
The giant Ice Cream Cookie from Livy's Ice Cream on the way home.
Now on to Memorial Day. After the big gold belt test, we headed up to Grammy and Paps the next morning. We had 3 different cookouts with family and had a blast hanging with everyone.
Trista with the Mickey gift for Kabota. (My nephew loves Kabota tractors, so they nick named the baby "Kabota.)
Hot Dogs and Smores over the fire pit.
Goofy with a smore face.
Alex and Hayden
Grammy and Alex practicing some swings in the yard.
Silly Hayden.
On June first, I arranged a trip for my students and families to go to Hershey Park for the day. We got an awesome deal for the kids and I rode up on the busses with them. Bob surprised Alex by picking him up from school on Friday and taking him to stay at Pappy's house for the night. The next morning, they came over to Hershey Park. I got to meet up with them for a short while and rode one coaster with them. I had to keep track of everyone and basically be command central as well as taking a group around the park, so I didn't get to do much with Bob and Alex. They rode every coaster they could a bunch of times. They said they rode about 50 times on the coasters and stayed until the park closed. Everything turned out well and I'm hoping to do this again in the future. I have always talked about doing a fun trip like this for my band kids, and this year I finally did it.
After the Hershey trip, Alex had 3 days of school left. I'm still in school until Tuesday the 11th, but it is not too bad getting everything finalized. Alex went to the movies with one of his friends and he has had a baseball tournament already. Bob went away on his mancation with a friend of his to a concert. I can't wait to sleep in on Wednesday and get started on the summer adventures.
Summer agenda:
1. Finish up baseball season
2. Karate classes 2 days a week
3. Vacation to grandma and grandpas in Jacksonville, NC
4. Pirates game
5. New nephew and niece being born
6. DC vacation
I'm sure we will find lots to get into and spend lots of time with family and friends. I'll post more throughout the summer of our adventures. Excited to go out and make some memories!
I start back to school on August 12.....can you believe that?
No comments:
Post a Comment