Monday, October 26, 2009

WVU Homecoming Weekend

We were in Morgantown this past weekend for WVU Homecoming. For the 3rd year now I've marched with the Alumni Band. While Alex spent the day with grammy and pap, Bob and I went to rehearsal, the game and then to Fright Farm. I did all this last year and really wanted Bob to go this year, so I'm thankful there were no other really big games on. He came with me and was my little personal photographer for the rehearsal. I just love catching up old friends from college. Here are a few shots from the trip. I didn't get many at the Fright Farm, but check out my facebook if you would like to see some that I am tagged in.

On the way to Morgantown Friday night, we stopped in Oakland and had dinner at UNO'S. DELICIOUS I might add! On the way we saw this very huge, very pretty Rainbow. I felt like we were driving right through it!
Bob on the football field during warm-ups. He ended up staying on the field the whole game. He just blended in while watching the game from the endzone. He even used the bathroom for the ESPN reporters. No one said a thing to him. He would have moved to the stands with me if he had to, but this was heaven for this football nut! I can't believe he stayed, but I know he will never forget the experience. He took a million pictures and got to see some very close up plays and touchdowns! On the way home, we had to stop at Walmart so he could print them out for the guys at work to see.

Me at practice, not quite awake. We warmed up in the shell building and then moved out into the rainy weather. I bought this crappy poncho for a $1 and it was more like a trash bag. Oh well, makes for some fun memories!
With the crew. Every year I march with these guys!


One year I will take the time to really memorize every note! I can't believe that it has been 11 years since I was last in the band. Seems so crazy!


Before the game, Bob and I went into the training facility building. We watched the team warm-up inside and out. There were glass windows so you could see the team getting ready. We also toured the trophy case of past bowl wins and the Hall of Fame wall. Here is Bob posing with all of the Raider's players who were once Mountaineers!

We took a candid. Dorks I know, but you have to have a few of these.

No comments: