Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Mer-man"

Our favorite place to go in the summer is the pool. Alexander has steadily progressed with his swimming ability over the past two years to the point that he can swim without the floaties. He is a very determined little bugger! He took a test last week and had to be able to swim without assistance in water over his head so that he could go down a slide. I was terribly nervous he wouldn't be able to do that, so I stayed close by in case I needed to jump in. He did better then I thought, but I still don't go far from him and always keep my eyes glued to him. I was always in the pool as a kid and spent more time underwater then above. In the video, the life guard and I
both were ready to assist if needed, but you can see he is pretty brave.
Don't worry, he had done this at least 5 times before I started filming.
I made him take a break every couple of times so his muscles didn't get
tired. Anyway, here is our little fish in action.



No comments: