Sunday, June 3, 2012

First Summer Adventure!!  (Dan's Mountain Park and Lonaconing Furnace Park)
Today was an incredibly beautiful day!! The weather was not too hot and not too cold, it was just right!! We decided to get out a bit and take a short drive down the road to Lonaconing, MD to Dan's Mountain Park. Bob had to go into work early today so he couldn't go with us. We packed a picnic lunch, some sports gear and headed out for the Sunday drive about a half an hour away. Alex is ALWAYS wanting to go to a park and play, so this was so fun for him!! The park is really pretty up on the mountain and I wondered why we didn't see more folks out enjoying the day. We also stumbled upon a small fishing pond where we crossed a bridge over a beautiful creek, to reach the pond. He enjoyed skipping rocks!! I was impressed that he really could skip the rocks across the pond. After leaving the park we spotted a cute ice cream stop. We got our ice cream and then headed to a park across the street. We were interested in the giant stone pyramid and had to check it out. It was the Lonaconing Furnace. Pretty cool place and would like to go back again!! Alex was worn out by the end of the adventure and he was falling asleep and almost didn't get dinner. I am so glad school is done so I can just relax a little and enjoy focussing on my little boy!! He is growing up so fast and I just love talking with him. He is such a positive little guy and I'm so thankful that God Blessed me with his love! Even when I forgot the picnic cooler and had to turn around, I said I was sorry, but Alex said "it is okay mommy. You didn't mean it. That is not the point of today. It just matters that we have fun." I love that he understands and is just sweet and sincere!! I hope he stays just this way!! I look forward to our many little adventures during the summer!! I will try to do a better job of posting more regularly this summer!!








Light at the end of the tunnel!!







No comments: