Then we joined the Piker Biker motorcycle group for dinner in Morgantown....once a week my parents ride to dinner with neighbors on their Harley. We were in town and joined them at Texas Roadhouse.
While in Morgantown, Alex got to hang with his buddy Avery. Charlene, Mom and I took them to the movies to see Madagascar 3. They hit the arcade after the movie for some fun times! They are the best of buds and love playing together! We also took in one of Avery's baseball games the next day.
Then we were off to visit TJ, Trista and Hayden at their homestead for a day. Always lots of fun to visit the Daltons!
We went home for a few days to clean and pack for a week vacation in North Carolina. We have a yearly reservation to stay at Hotel Becker for the week. (The in-laws) we thought Alex and Angel looked pretty cute sleeping on the car ride down to NC.
This is Emerald Isle, one of the beaches in the area that we visited. Of course Bob and Alex built a sandcastle!
One of our favorite adventures was a trip to the aquarium!
Our hosts for the week!
Celebrating the 4th of July!
This is the second year that we went to Swansboro to watch fireworks.
On our last day visiting NC, we went to Shackleford Island via water taxi.
After our fun week, we went home for a day and then we were off again! My cousin Dillon was celebrating his High School graduation. We stayed in Morgantown for the week and helping to watch my nephew while his parents attended conferences. Hayden made us laugh all week!
Hayden found a frog and loved holding it!
We also got to help Charlene with the horses while we were there. The horse were getting new shoes, so we just had to hold them while they were put on. Cowboy was so good that we gave him a brush down and took a few pictures! He is the best horse and loved the attention. Of course we had to give them all carrots when they were all finished.
We even got to take Hayde to a water park to play. The kid loves water!
It seems that all we do in the summer is swim! This is one of Alexander's favorite things to do. He continues to surprise me with his bravery! We have gone to the Frostburg Community Pool two times this week. This is our favorite place to swim.
I love this face!
Self picture! My buddy!
Canonball!! (This is 12 feet water by the way) I was in the water with him until I was sure he could swim to the side without problems. He was great and the life guard was there to just in case! He doesn't want me to help him at all now when it comes to swimming.....he is growing up to fast! Love every minute I spend with him during this summer time!! School year gets so busy and I miss these fun times with him!!
I was happy that I caught some action shots of him jumping from the diving board!
I found some effects on the camera and was playing around with them. I think they are pretty cool!
Action shot!!
This is what Alex can do now.....I don't know if I should be proud or affraid!! He watched all the kids do this all day and I just happened to ask if he could do that.....thinking that he wouldn't try....but he says "I don't know, I'll try it..." He went out and did it on the first try without even thinking about it. Scared me to death, but then he seemed to have no fear. The kid is a water baby!! Other kids asked how old he was. They were shocked when I said he was only 6.
No comments:
Post a Comment