On Sunday, Alexander and a bunch of my cousin's little ones got to ride in their first ever horse show!! My aunt has been barrel racing for over 25 years that I know of, and she invited us to come to a local show where we could watch her race and also get the opportunity to sign the kids up for the pee wee barrels!! I used to travel with her almost every weekend in the spring summer and fall from about 10 years old to 17. I have been riding horses since I was born. In high school, band kind of took over in my life and I slowly got out of racing. I still love and miss it, and am glad I have had the experience in my life. I have many fond memories of shows all over the state of WV, and neighboring states. I have been taking Alex to ride since he was little, but just for trail riding. He has shown great bravery (which reminds me of myself and what my mom must have felt when I went riding) and even rides by himself being led by me or Charlene. His favorite horse to ride is Cowboy. He is like a giant puppy dog. We rode to the show with Charlene to get there extra early, and then we practiced in the ring for about an hour before the show began. Alex kept telling me to go faster, but I have some fear, so we just walk and trot. Plus I can't run too fast! My mom recorded Alexander's run in the barrels during the show. He giggled the whole way and then threw his arm up like a real cowboy at the end!! Yaaa Hooo!! I wish we had a little pony for him to start on and learn to drive, but I don't think one will fit quite in our yard. For now we enjoy visiting aunt Charlene and riding her horses. Here is a video and some pictures of
Alexander's first show!
Horses are loaded and ready to go!
Alex is in the truck and ready to go!
We are here!!
Lightning, Pepper, and Cowboy
My Nephew Cowboy Hayden on Cowboy.
Almost to the finish!
Yahoo!!
Alex got 2nd place in the show and won $2 and a bucket full of goodies.
Well, this is interesting! Getting in to the country boy spirit!
Alex, Allison, and Camden hanging out in the barn on the horses.
Ready for the barrels!
Allison, Alex and Charlene Hanging out!
The gang! Lincoln, Chris (a stray kid), Alex, Avery, Allison, Hayden, Carson and Camden!
Charlene running the barrels with Pepper!







No comments:
Post a Comment