We drove up to Lancaster on Thursday to stay with Bob's dad, "Pappy" and visit for Easter weekend. Alex couldn't wait to see Winston too of course.
Our first stop on Friday morning was Central Market. Alex couldn't be more excited to go and wear his bag that he made. Alex had to have a hotdog and a rootbeer to start the day off......oh my.
We have our favorite stands at the Market. Of course Alexander's is the candy stand! I love the bagel, coffee, apple, and jelly stands.
Bob loves the Pretzel, and Meat Stand.
On the way out of Market....I would have my eyes closed....
Leaving with our goodies!
On the way home, we spotted the guitar center. When I lived in Charlotte, I would go to the Guitar Center like a kid would go to a playground. We stopped to let Alex check it out. We checked out the piano room, the guitar room, and then we got to the drum room....oh my. Another boy was playing when we got there and he was about 10 years old and was pretty awesome. Alex already knew a rhythmic beat that I taught him at school, but he tried it out on this set. The other boy was very helpful and gave him some pointers and they jammed together. It was really cool. It was hard to get him out of here, but we were in the drum room for at least 30 minutes playing. I got a bunch of shots, because he seemed to be in utopia and was making this face we hadn't seen before. It is now known as the "drumming" face.
The Face!
Rockin'
The Drum room in Guitar Center.
This is awesome face!
Concentrating.
Rockin' the face.
So Bob had never seen or heard him play, but he now wants to get him a drumset for Christmas.....I'm not giving up on the idea that he may be a brass player, but he has always been interested in drums......
After the store, we went to visit Aunt Sis and paint Easter Eggs. She also made us the most delicious lunch! We had Pork Barbeque sandwhiches and Brocoli Salad.
This is Bob's egg....lol....it is Larry from the 3 Stooges.
Alex and I went out that evening to the mall and ended up at the Build A Bear Workshop. He had some money and I helped him pay the rest for his Bear. This was the best photo I could get of his Flyers Bear.
I think the camera is on it's last leg. Only got a few photos after this one....any picture we take now is just a white out.....it started on this photo.
On Saturday, the boys went to run some errands and I went with Terry to Amish Country. I finally got to go out into the country to see some farms and shop at the Bird-in-Hand Bake Shop, and Countryside Road-Stand. It was awesome going out into the country and seeing the Amish families working the land. Lots of clothes on the line, horse and buggies, and farmers plowing the land. I felt like I had gone back in time.
Here are the last couple of pictures I was able to get before the camera died. I was sad that we didn't get any photos from Easter Dinner and the Hershey Bears game that evening.....
No comments:
Post a Comment