Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veterans Day

I am feeling like one proud momma today!!  I was so proud of my son for his participation in the Cub Scout Pack, as he walked down Main Street in the Veterans Day Parade!!  Alex reminded me that this was not his first parade.....I have taken him along on my parades over the years with my band or choir groups, but this is the first one that HE was in for something HE was doing!!  After the parade, the boys all went to the cemetary to place American Flags on graves of Veterans.  He loved reading about each person on the headstone, which was another proud momment.  He really cared about what he was doing.  He was picking up flowers that had blown away from the headstone, then placing them back in the holder.  Bob brushed off the leaves so they could read the names on the stone.  It was wonderful to see how much respect he was showing for those who had passed away. What a wonderful way to teach your son to show respect!!  I didn't realize how special this all was until I saw Alex with a flag in hand.  What a precious memory for all of us today!!  Here is one of the sweetest and perhaps one of my favorite pictures of Alex and Bob together.  I was realizing what true sacrifice these men and women make for our freedom, and to have special momments like this with our own families.   I know our family is small, and not perfect, but we do love each other at the core which makes everything work.  May God continue to bless us and bring us closer and guide our thoughts, actions, words, and steps into our future together.


 


 

No comments: