Hollywood Studios
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
I am still working on posting the rest of our trip. If this is the first time you have stopped by in a while, you will have to scroll down to the bottom and then click older posts to see all of our Disney posts.
We had to go back to Hollywood for second time so we could get Alex signed up to battle Darth Vader. The park opened up at 9am so we arrived at the front gate at 8am. We were second in line in our lane, but we couldn't go in yet. As we were standing there, we were given a surprise fast pass to see the "Lights, Motor, Action" car stunt show (later one of the coolest parts of the trip). As we were waiting in line, I started to get nervous that we wouldn't get to sign him up on time. Lots of people had our same idea and the energy was building. I tried to stay calm, but this momma wanted her baby to have the chance to fight Darth Vader just as much as he did. I was overwhelmed with a competitive spirit. People were also being let in for a breakfast, so I was getting nervous the spots would fill up before we got there.
At 8:30 they started letting us in and we took off running. I looked at Bob and he gave me the "go" face and Alex and I just took off running. Poor Bob had a blister on his toe..... Parents and kids started passing us, so we kicked it in high geer!! Alex thought is was so funny. We finally made it to the sign ups and we were actually 5th in line!! I didn't realize I could run that fast.....I'm not in great shape, so I know it wasn't pretty to see me run. I was completely out of breath, but we got him signed up and then had time to ride the Star Wars ride before he had to report for training.
It must have been our lucky day or something because when we got on the ride, we were the first people and Alex got to play a role on the ride. On the ride, they pick one person and take a picture of them and make them a "Rebel Spy." Alex was just saying, "I hope I get to be the Rebel Spy this time." When the ride started and C3PO showed Alex's picture on the screen, we were soooo excited!! It made for a very fun ride! After the ride, we reported for training and here is some of the video from the event. Alex was on the stage and part of the show and got to fight the Dark Side!!
Some cool snap shots from the training academy.
Great view of the Walker! The entrance for the ride goes under the walker into the Endor Village.
Bob had to have a picture of him on the speeder bike too.
So our fast pass to the "Lights, Motors, Action" show was a great surprise! When we were walking to the show, Alex wanted popcorn, so we stopped to get some at a cart. Bob was trying to get us to hurry because he said "like 800 people just went by." Well, it ended up working out in our favor because when whe got up to the seating it was almost full to the top. Bob just jokingly said to the usher as he pointed to the seats in front, "hey are those our seats?" The guy said how many in your party and just opened up the chaing and let us in to sit in the director seats right in front!! Everyone kept pointing and asking who we were.....it was like we were celebrities!
We were so close to the action that we could feel the heat off of the explosions!!
Lightning McQueen even made his appearance!
The show was actually way better then I thought it would be. The show showed how they film car chase sequences in the movies.
This was such a cool name for a store!
We went back to Epcot for the evening since we had dinner reservations at San Angel, a Mexican restaurant. Before dinner, we had time to ride a couple of rides we missed the other day. The mission Space was really cool, but scared me a bit. Alex loved it however....of course.
I really enjoyed the Nemo ride and Crush Interactive show. They had an aquarium there too, so we walked around and enjoyed some peaceful time. The restaurant "Coral Reef" was also attached and had windows to the aquarium you could see while eating dinner. We would eat there the next night for Thanksgiving dinner. (more on that in a later post)
Taking some candids of Alex outside of the Nemo Experience.
These birds were really cool. They kept saying "mine, mine, mine" like in the movie.
We walked through the countries again as we were on our way
to Mexico for our dinner at San Angel.
Alex thought the phone booths were cool!
I loved this little coy pond! Thought of my dad and how he would like this!
It was such a pretty night and we had fun just taking in all the culture....I know we weren't in the "real" countries, but it was still very cool!
Paris....thought of our niece Isabella!!
Bob took a ton of pictures of the architecture.
This was really neat!
This picture totally cracks me up!!! I made him put the hat on, but for some reason he said he hated sombraros. I didn't know he even knew what it was.....apparently he has some strange dislike of the hat. His eyes show it all!
Our dinner at San Angel was pretty good overall. It was extra crowded and busy. We were figuring that because it was the day befor Thanksgiving that more people were coming to Disney. The first 4 days were great, with little crowds. Not sure if we would go back because they had a very limited menu for Alex....wish he wasn't so picky! He wasn't like that at all when he was little.
We were sad after dinner because we realized that the next day (Thanksgiving) was our very last day at Disney.....We got a good night sleep though.
No comments:
Post a Comment